Saturday, September 15, 2012

Homemade Halloween; Part 1

Hey guys!  So y'all know how I love fall, so of course, I have to start getting ready for Halloween!!

This weekend I made some costumes for nieces.




First up, a Ladybug! You can't see her antenna too well in this pic, but I even made those with stuff from my stash and put them on a cute little hairbow.  My poor lady bug was trying so hard not to smile, she's self concsious about her front teeth that are barely starting to grow back :(


I made little yarn pom poms and then I covered flower wire with the black yarn and hot glued the ends.  I even found that cute little lady bug button in my stash! You never know what you'll find raiding your own house.  I found everything for my youngest son's costume (He's going to be a scarecrow to match my niece at the bottom, they're going to be soooo cute! I can't wait to get pics!!!)



I saw this pic on pinterest.  I use to buy a little pom pom maker and I would always lose it and have to buy another, but you can just use a fork (which is what I did.)



And, my adorable scarecrow. (I think I blinded her with the flash, sorry!) Everything, except the tulle to make her dress, I found around my house! And the dress, just an extra long tutu with a ribbon tied right below her "bust".  I know, I know, she doesn't really look much like a scarecrow. but wait until you see her with her face painted...

  So we're going to have this kick-ass Halloween costume at my sister-in-law's house, I mean, that's if some people actually show up... But, if they don't, I guess more candy for us!

But I have so many great ideas, I'm so excited!  So, each week I'll show you guys what I'm making leading up to the big event on October 31st, when I'll have lots of pics to share with y'all!

Happy Autumn, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment