Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

     I am so exhausted! I spent all day yesterday and today cooking and cleaning. But out was worth it, we had a fantastic 4th of July! I cooked pigs in a blanket, shrimp bruschet, fried pickles and jalapenos, fried chicken, sliders, and cute little semi-homemade apple pies that I'll share with y'all right now. We went and swam in colleen's pool and lit fireworks.
     These cute little apple pies were so quick and easy. You can make your own pie crust and cook down your own apples, or you can do it the semi-homemade way with prepared pie crust and canned apple pie filling. You cook your mini pies in your cupcake pan, I made 24. I used 4 prepared pie crusts, and cut circles out of then with a cookie cutter. I put the apple pie filling in my food processor and pulsed it just a couple times to break down the apple slices into smaller pieces. Fill each mini pie crust with a table spoon of filling (by the way, I used (2) 15 oz cans). Use a star cookie cutter (or any shape you want) and place one into of each pie. Brush with melted butter and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Happy 4th of July friends!
-Ashley
"Good apple pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness"
-Jane Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment