Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Reese's Pieces Cookies

     Hey y'all I promised a cookie recipe with my left over candy from my owl cupcakes and I'm keeping my promise.  These are peanut butter cookies with a touch of chocolate and Reese's pieces candies mixed in.

     I'm not a great photographer.  But these cookies are soft and delicious and really easy to make.  This recipe makes a little over 2 dozen cookies.

Reese's Pieces Cookies

-Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups Reese's Pieces candy

-Directions
1. Preheat oven 340 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla and egg and mix until incorporated.  Then mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.  Mix in candy with a wooden spoon.
4. Drop cookie onto baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes.

**Tips
-The recipe calls for cocoa powder, but I didn't have any so I used chocolate milk drink mix, which is basically sweetened cocoa powder and they turned out great.
-When "dropping" the cookies on a baking sheet, use about a teaspoon of cookie dough and roll into a one inch ball and then put it on the cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment