Monday, July 16, 2012

Pallet Table

This is the pallet I saw on pinterest.
     I've been super busy for the last couple days. I was inspired to make my own patio table. We have lots of those old metal fold up chairs and we have some pretty nice wooden furniture we bought for pretty cheap off this lady driving around our neighborhood selling her homemade furniture, but we just didn't have a table.  I've been wanting to buy a patio table, but they can be pretty expensive, so when I saw a cute little table made out of recycled pallets I knew I HAD to make one.

     So my sister-in-law, Colleen, and I went on a covert mission to find pallets to use.
the pallets we "found"

And then we got busy with construction
  






This is my table before being sanded and painted, and that's my brother-in-lawm Colleen's husband, in the back ground
And this one is Colleen's unfinished table.














Here are my finished tables on my patio with my old metal chairs that got a fresh coat of blue paint.






And these are the wooden chairs that I painted and made cushions and pillows for.





This is what my boo (left) and his brother, Jon Jon, were doing instead of helping me with any of this lol



And here is Colleen's finished table


     The tables were really easy to make, just got 4 pallets, a 4x4x8, "L" brackets and nails.  Cut the 4x4 into 8 one foot long sections for the legs of the 2 tables and use the "L" brackets to attach.  But they were a pain in the you know what because of all the spaces and hard to get to places that had to be painted.  But I'm happy with how they turned out and I'm ready for cooler weather to enjoy our new tables (:








No comments:

Post a Comment